Wednesday, March 29, 2006

... peeve

what is it with people who catch the bus? is it such a chore to sit next to the window? i understand that sometimes you need to get out in a only a couple of stops, but when you see that the bus has, oh, about three empty seats left and one is next to you (facing backwards, at the front of the bus) and the other two are in the back corners of the back seat of the bus, next to three ... large ... guys in business suits with briefcases, why don't you stand up??? either stand for a standing woman, or move over.

it doesn't help that the guy had one of those little tailored goatees that make me want to slap him and poke him in the butt with the trident he should be carrying... but really.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I hear you Dr!!! I once saw no-one in a packed train stand up for an 80+ year old NUN (I assume there would have been a few Catholics on board. I sadly didn't have a seat to give her.

Anonymous said...

Having been trapped next to the window by someone who couldn't keep his hand away from his crotch, and another time by someone who thought my knee was a good place to rest his hand, I can see why some people might shy away from sitting next to the window!